MOE 2.0 | I'm not an expert... but maybe together we are?

yes,way more active, almost every week i received their update…

Hi, in the past 2 weeks i ported my libgdx+moe project to use libgdx+robovm, and i must say that RoboVM is very easy to use. Moe was a great idea and a great project but it is really dead, even if the owner says that some day he will dedicate time to improve the project.

2 Likes

What people think of this?

And

JavaFX, I think Flutter better in terms of performance. Since both draw their own widgets or controls.
Plus, Flutter makes coding like connections much much more easier. I tested JavaFX on Android, performance really bad. feel like web client.

They are saying Java and Javax. So maybe moe bindings for ios api may work with Java compiled ahead of time too.

I would be open to help in upgrading MOE. But I am definitely not an export, nor do I have plenty time :frowning:

1 Like

Hi there I really like to contribute , I used libgdx a lot in my project and I really like it due to it’s awesome performance.
Can you suggest where to start and how to contribute ?
Libgdx and moe really need support because they are awesome super cool performance projects
I really think that contributing in this project make me evolve to a better programmer and I don’t want to miss opportunity like this

3 Likes

If something like this happens I’ll use it to update my existing app. I might be able to help testing and create a PR if I find something simple enough to fix.

But for new projects I’ll just make PWA’s. As much as I prefer Java over JavaScript, it is easier to have one JS codebase and distribute it yourself. Screw the App stores and the money they try to take.

Hi ! I couldn’t find any tutorials or starting documents of Robovm for android studio.
The http://robovm.com/ site is also down. If you can point me to some documentation, It would be big help

http://www.migeran.com/ down. Hopefully multi-os-engine.org stays alive :slight_smile:

Migeran.com will be back with new content really soon. And we are working on reviving MOE. Stay tuned for updates before the annual iPhone event of Apple. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gergely, you’ve been promising updates coming “soon” for years now. It’s a little hard to take it seriously at this point.

3 Likes

And here we go again. Keeping promises doesn’t seem to be your strength.

Would be great to just be more active in this forum. That would be the first step into building trust to your users. Telling them once a year that there will be a future without going into at least some details might not be enough at all. Being online once a year and then silence again isn’t a good way to keep products (which moe obviously is) alive. Makes me kind of sad. :frowning:

I am working on the blog post with updates, will be up later today. Sorry for the delay.

6 Likes

New blog update is out: https://multi-os-engine.org/blog/2019-09-11-reviving-moe/

Now back to hacking. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks @kisg - For the Sept 2019 release, could you please also release an update Eclipse plugin as well? I bet this is mostly an issue with dependency versioning, as it does not install on the latest build (Eclipse dependency issue). Moreover, would be great to have the SDK bundled within a maven package, and the java libraries being maven dependencies, that will avoid issues like ‘MOE Home not found’.

1 Like

Hi Phil,

I am not sure we can fit the Eclipse update in the September release. To be honest, we haven’t been using Eclipse that much lately - the last one was an internal project called “Migeran Code” where we fixed the Java support of VS Code to work with any Gradle or Maven project, even Android and MOE ones.

We can certainly add these issues to the backlog (I just created the 2 issues on GH), and see if we can fit this into the October version. But I am trying very hard to not make any promises that I am not sure I can keep.

Best Regards,
Gergely

1 Like

Thanks Gergely, and I understand that Eclipse is not the focus these days. We don’t need the full eclipse plugin to work, but a way to get the MOE libraries available as maven dependencies, so we can compile our java projects using any MOE dependencies.

1 Like

In case anybody here is interested: https://surveys.jetbrains.com/s3/Kotlin-Multiplatform-user-survey-July-2021