How to Integrate Facebook with LibGDX and MOE

Hi Everyone. Has anybody integrated Facebook with LibGDX and MOE? I am struggling a lot to integrate FB. I tried to integrate Gdx Facebook as mentioned in this document, i tried to integrate FBSDK frameworks and write my own code, I tried to implement the way which is there in RoboVM. . But I couldn’t succeed in any of them. Please help me.

Could anybody please help me? I tried to integrate Facebook iOS SDK by importing the required frameworks. But i am getting this error
org.moe.natj.objc.ObjCException: +[NSObject sharedInstance]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x139e3e58

I checked the frameworks integration part and found it to be correct. Please help me.

Dear Santhosh,

we just released MOE 1.3.0 with official bindings for Facebook and others.

Check out the code here: https://github.com/multi-os-engine/moe-bindings

Best Regards,
Gergely

Dear Gergely!

Im kind of new with MOE Plugin, just started about a week so i have a couple of questions about the binding procedure which not clear for me. I tried the official sample as you gave above, i installed the last beta 2 plugin already, i tried the facebook project and the generation output successful but i dont quite get the .nbc file configuration. I did some research but didnt find anything relate to .nbc file format, especially about the “type”. Can i binding the whole Pod project or i have to choose the framework only because other native lib come in file and folders? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Dear tthufo,

Right now (as you found out yourself) we don’t have much end user documentation yet for this new feature.

With the standard bindings (e.g. facebook), you should not need to run the generation at all. You just publish it to your local maven repo, set up your MOE project to use CocoaPods, and add the native Facebook library to your podfile as you would with any native iOS project. Then you add the Maven dependency of the Facebook binding to your project, and you can start using Facebook from your Java code.

If you need to generate bindings for other native libraries, you can use the binding projects in the moe-bindings repository as examples for now.

Best Regards,
Gergely

Dear Gergely!

Thanks you so much for such quick reply! I understand MOE is still in progress and we devs appreciate your effort to make it possible and looking forward to new feature will be added to MOE. Im still figure out and get familiar to new stuffs with MOE. I have one more question: i setup my LibGDX newest version and included ios-moe and add Pod to xcode project but after i run install it has warning about something conflicted with custom.configure file in ios-moe folder, i attached image ->

and this didnt happend when i pod install in normal MOE module ? Can you give some hint about this please. Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Dear tthufo,

Before use cocoapods, extra steps are required because it is a libgdx project,
that has a slightly different configuration.

• Open project in xcode
  • Remove debug, release custom cunfiguration, set to none
  • cd …/<moe module>/xcode
  • pod install
  • add include to pod xconfigs: #include “…/…/…/<xcode name>/custom.xcconfig”

Best Regards,
Roland