Remote build problem for Windows <-> Mac

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to make a remote build from a Windows Android Studio (=dev machine) towards a Mac 10.11 (= host machine, running in a Virtual Machine on first Windows computer). I precisely followed this tutorial to configure the remote build, and all was ok until the chapter “Creating run configuration in Android Studio”.

I filled all fields correctly but it still doesn’t work (test button returns “Test fail”), and the message in log is “Execution failed for task ‘:ios:moeRemoteServerSetup’. > USERAUTH fail”.

However, I’m sure all params are correct because with same params (using same rsa private key, same IP, same user name…) I manage to establish a ssh connection from my Windows to the Mac in the VM.
Last but not least, my Windows firewall is disabled.

Have you an idea about where the problem could come from?

Thank you very much!

Dear ChorusPointDev,

Could you please check your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file? Each of the following fields should be on their own line. Some of them may already be defined with other values as listed here.

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
PasswordAuthentication no
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

Another thing you can try is to try and remote login from the mac onto itself:

ssh user@localhost -i path/to/privatekey -o RSAAuthentication

(Note: it might be PubkeyAuthentication instead of RSAAuthentication)

Hi liliomk, thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

However, I already managed to remote login in ssh from the Mac itself and from Windows, so it doesn’t seem that problem comes from ssh settings, but maybe more from MOE, Android Studio… ?

Dear ChorusPointDev,

could you please send me a screenshot of your android studio remote settings in a private message? Don’t hesitate to blank out any private information.

Hello , I have the same issue… did you find something ?

It’s kind of old, but if I remember correctly this answer helped me:

“we do not support id_rsa files with passphrases, please re-create the keys without specifying the passphrase. If you use this key elsewhere, you should create a dedicated key for the remote build.”

Hope it’ll help you!