App always crashes after installing pods

Dear MOE - Team,

I have been using MOE with libGDX for quite a while now and it has been working fine on me.

I recently created a new project with the libGDX setup utility and it works fine, until I try to add pods to the xcode project. As soon as I do that (just call pod install is enaugh, even without any pods in it), the app crashes right after the libGDX splash screen with following error message:

art E 1325 1033487 /Users/rolandvigh/Migeran-1.3/aosp/art/runtime/java_vm_ext.cc:255] No implementation found for void com.badlogic.gdx.backends.iosrobovm.IOSGLES20.init() (tried Java_com_badlogic_gdx_backends_iosrobovm_IOSGLES20_init and Java_com_badlogic_gdx_backends_iosrobovm_IOSGLES20_init__)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for void com.badlogic.gdx.backends.iosrobovm.IOSGLES20.init() (tried Java_com_badlogic_gdx_backends_iosrobovm_IOSGLES20_init and Java_com_badlogic_gdx_backends_iosrobovm_IOSGLES20_init__)

to even get the projects with pods to compile, i followed these tutorials:

which worked fine for me in the past, but now it does not anymore.

here is a small demo project I created to reproduce the issue:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XUWyP3BY5pgBz7sQz7gpphDeFwOBPZ_0

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
David Wernhart

Thank you for your reply!
I believe I have already done the steps you mentioned in your post (adding #include “…/…/…/ios-moe/custom.xcconfig” to the xconfig files and choosing the right configuration). Sadly, this did not do the trick for me.

Like I said I have done this in the past and it always worked well, but now it does not for some reason…

Best Regards,
David Wernhart

Could you make a simple project which has the same issue and post it here so I could have a look?

I already did, it’s the Google Drive link in my original post.

Check your #include line.
It should be
#include "../../../ios-moe/custom.xcconfig"
instead of
#include “…/…/…/ios-moe/custom.xcconfig”

Notice the differences in symbols and punctuations.

// Blame for the autocorrect on macOS.

Damn, that for sure is a hard to notice mistake!
It works now, thank you very much for your time and effort!

Best regards,
David Wernhart

what file do you add #include “…/…/…/ios-moe/custom.xcconfig” to?

1 Like