I’m not able to get any MOE applications to run on my iPad (currently running iOS version 8.1.2)
e.g. if I try to run the tic-tac-toe demo, I get stuck on a black screen with a tiny green square in the top left corner.
It seems to be working fine with my iPod Touch which is on iOS 9.
Any suggestions or advice?
we no longer have a device with iOS 8, our earliest device runs iOS 9.3, so we are not testing with iOS 8 currently. Earlier, when iOS 8 was current, we had MOE running on it, and we did not change anything that would make it impossible to run on iOS 8.
If someone needs iOS 8 support, and is willing to sponsor its development, then we are happy to do it.
Unfortunately I’m not able to update to a newer iOS version without losing my untethered jailbreak, this is the only working iPad that I own and the budget isn’t available for me to buy another
Do you have any suggestions for if there is some way I could diagnose or debug the issue I’m encountering? I don’t mind looking into the issue myself but I’m not really remotely sure where to begin
First, you should compile your own debug SDK by following the procedure here (you should read all 3 links):
Then, you should see more detail on why it crashes when you debug from Xcode.
Also, you can regenerate the iOS bindings for iOS 8.1.2, because that could be the issue (newer classes missing on your device). The description is here:
This file has been truncated.
# How to Update iOS Bindings with NatJGen
### Notes & Warnings
* Make sure you are going to bind the SDK you actually want to!
* Make sure your NatJGen version is bleeding edge!
* Do NOT skip steps in this guide, this guide is made specially so that the git diff can (and must) be minimal!
* Do NOT commit back any changes which are whitespace only into moe-core repository!
### Setup & Generation
* Build NatJGen if necessary
* Locate the latest build of the MOE SDK (at the time of writing, this is MOE 1.3). From this directory Clang and NatJ dylibs will be used. Create a local MOE SDK build if necessary.
Thanks, I’ll have a play around with this