Couldn't load shared library 'gdx-freetype' for target: Darwin, 32-bit

I updated my moe version to latest 1.3 beta .
previously my libgdx project was working fine with desktop as well as iOS build.
Now it working fine on desktop but now it caused this error —

com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load shared library 'gdx-freetype' for target: Darwin, 32-bit
	at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:119)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.g2d.freetype.FreeType.initFreeType(FreeType.java:887)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.g2d.freetype.FreeTypeFontGenerator.<init>(FreeTypeFontGenerator.java:94)
	at com.phonato.farkle.screens.LobbyScreen.<init>(LobbyScreen.java:92)
	at com.phonato.farkle.screens.SplashScreen$1.run(SplashScreen.java:48)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.iosmoe.IOSApplication.processRunnables(IOSApplication.java:421)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.iosmoe.IOSGraphics.glkViewControllerUpdate(IOSGraphics.java:259)
	at apple.uikit.c.UIKit.UIApplicationMain(Native Method)
	at com.phonato.farkle.IOSMoeLauncher.main(IOSMoeLauncher.java:134)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library gdx-freetype not found; tried [/libgdx-freetype.so]
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:399)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1085)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:113)

before updation my project was working fine.
Please suggest me some solution.

1 Like

Dear Manjul_Kadyan,

Please check out our latest blog post about upgrading a LibGDX project:

Best Regards,
Kristóf

Dear Kristóf Liliom,

I did the exact same procedure step by step.But on downgrading moe version it works well and fine.

I have the exact same issue with 1.3.0-beta-1 and beta-2.

Can you share a test project that shows the issue? Make sure that you upgrade the Xcode project, as described in our blog post, even when upgrading from beta-1 to beta-2.

Same thing happens with using Box2D. Here’s the sample project generated by LibGDX tool upgraded to moe beta 2.

Dear StevenFlautner and Manjul_Kadyan,

could you please try libGDX 1.9.6? The latest snapshots of it supports MOE 1.3-beta-2. There are known issues with libGDX 1.9.5 and MOE 1.3.+ combination.

Also we published a new guide for upgrading projects to 1.3. At the end of the guide there is a section for libGDX specific instructions.

Best Regards,
Kristóf

1 Like

Thanks, it works fine now. I wasn’t aware of the snapshot version.