Firebase pods update causes simulator freeze

Hi everyone!

I am trying to update my app’s pods and I have an issue with Firebase. When I upgrade FirebaseMessaging to 4.1.8 and FirebaseCore to 6.3.3 then I can’t run the simulator from Android Studio anymore. It launches the splash screen and freezes. The only clue that I have is a strange line mentioning the protobuf framework before the task moeLaunch:

Configure project :ios
Using already downloaded SDK: /Users/nprugne/.moe/moe-sdk-1.4.2
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/protobuf.framework/protobuf
Referenced from: /Users/nprugne/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/940E356A-02C8-4530-9909-A1D57A32EBF9/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/F320A4AC-6410-459A-A8EF-D82BA7292D05/MyApp.app/MyApp
Reason: image not found
com.mycompany.MyApp 56769

Task :ios:moeLaunch
BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 30s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

The other stange thing is that if I run my app from XCode, then I have no freeze and the app works perfectly. Do I need to refresh some kind of settings with MOE? Can I release my app to production even if the build from Android Studio seems to generate an application that does not work?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas

I have successfuly unlocked my self by performing a pod deintegrate and then a pod install. The issue was related to the Pod project in XCode which was improperly setted. I post the 3 commands that helped me here:

$ sudo gem install cocoapods-deintegrate
$ pod deintegrate
$ pod install