MOE.framework: Unknown error when running the Calculator sample via remote build

Hi again,

I managed to borrow an iPhone and an Apple developer license to test. I first created a new hello world iphone project and tested if it worked. It did.

I’ve also set up remote build and all, and wanted to try out the samples at:

The calculator sample to be specific. But when I run it I get:

sent 26338378 bytes  received 70 bytes  52676896.00 bytes/sec
:ios:moeMainDebugIphoneosXcodeBuild FAILED
total size is 26334946  speedup is 1.00
/var/folders/3m/w6hp3w5n74d8nyybwm9sd7840000gn/T/tmp.C03wB6w6/build/moe/xcodebuild/Debug-iphoneos/ unknown error -1=ffffffffffffffff
Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 1


The following build commands failed:
	PhaseScriptExecution Compile\ Sources\ (MOE) /var/folders/3m/w6hp3w5n74d8nyybwm9sd7840000gn/T/tmp.C03wB6w6/build/moe/xcodebuild/obj/
(1 failure)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Total time: 38.148 secs
Execution failed for task ':ios:moeMainDebugIphoneosXcodeBuild'.
> Remote command execution failed

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

Full log (didn’t fit within the post limit):

All I edited was the project.pbxproj file in xcode on my remote mac to select the correct developer team, and copy it back in my Intellij project (because I got an error earlier that told me to select a development team).

Anyone to help me out here :confused:

Update: Some more info:

  • I can actually run a hello world moe application. I deployed it via remote build on the mac mini until this very same error occured, then opened the project with xcode and ran it from there. This doesn’t work for the calculator project.
  • The error looks like the error than can be prevented by running security set-key-partition-list -S apple-tool:,apple: -k devpass moeremotebuild.keychain but I already did that.

As explicitly stated on the repo that you used, it is deprecated, and you should use the repo from the MOE project:

Oh sorry, I googled for the samples github page to add to this post to make it more clear but I copy pasted the wrong one. I am actually working from the correct repository.

Just noticed I am behind already so I pulled the latest changes. But the error is still the same.