Published binaries and sources - new version?

Hello,

first I want to thank you for putting this out to open source. Appreciate it.
Now my question, does the code has some improvements compared to the last published preview version. In detail I would like to know if these items have been addressed:

• build improvment. With the old version it takes up to 2 min per build
  • push to virtual iphone device in OS/X. Every second time the push gets terminated and the connection to the log is lost. So you have to build the module once more. This and the first item together is very time consuming. You make small changes and it takes 5 min until a test device is available.

On your web page you mention an Eclipse integration. Will a plugin be available ?

Thanks and kind Regards
Sven

Dear Sven,

the current open source release is practically the same as the latest Intel release (1.0.702). The only major change was the renaming of the packages from “com.intel” to “org.moe”.

In the next release we will move to a new, Maven based SDK distribution mechanism, a new Gradle plugin and some other bug fixes and improvements.

The issues you mention are known to us, and plan to improve on it. First, we will fix the simulator launcher to be more reliable. I don’t have an ETA for it, but we will keep you posted here.

About Eclipse: yes, we have an Eclipse plugin in the works, it will be available later this year.

Best Regards,
Gergely

1 Like

Dear Gergely,

thanks for the update. Then I am waiting for an updated version :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Sven

Dear Sven,

in case you did not see it, MOE 1.1.0 includes the new simulator launcher.

Best Regards,
Gergely

Dear Gergely,

thanks for leeting me know. I will give it a try later.

Have a nice day
Sven

there is an eclipse plugin available ? Great !!! Thanks a lot.
Actually I am involved in a different project but I am looking forward testing the plugin.

Kind Regards
Sven

Dear Gergely,

I have just started to use the MOE plugin with Eclipse Neon and it really works well. Simulator launches and build times are reasonable.

Just one problem that I have. I want to centralize my sources on a fileserver but keep the IOS project local. My approach is to make use of the “linked Folder” in Eclipse.

When I create a new folder under src/main/java there is a gradew file which gets created automatically and this gradle file is taken for the project which leads to an error.

Question: is my approach OK ? Why is a gradle file created when creating a linked folder. Is this a bug ?

Thanks and kind Regards
Sven

just some addtl info:

• I cannot delete the file in Eclipse
  • I can delete the file on my Samba/Share
  • When I refresh/rebuild the project in Eclipe the gradle file is still listed.

Weird :slight_smile:

Hi Sven,

I am happy to hear that the Eclipse plugin works well for you.

I am sorry but we don’t support Eclipse Linked Folders, because it is an Eclipse specific construct, and our build runs in Gradle which knows nothing about these Linked Folders.

I also discourage putting your code on a network drive for performance and consistency reasons.

For now, you should keep all the code that you are using to build your MOE app on a single local filesystem. It will also perform better with your choice of version control system (e.g. git)

Best Regards,
Gergely

my strategy was to have just the source code on a network drive so i would be able to edit it on a windows machine - and on the os/x build and run the code for ios.

Are you planning to support linked folders in eclipse?
is there a different approach which would satisfy my needs (other than using git and push and pull all times)

thanks a lot
sven

ok, no answer is an answer :slight_smile:

I am trying to setup a git repo and having 2 machines one os/x and one windows machine. I have setup the windows machine and installed the moe plugin into eclipse mars.

i have installed the sample projects. Problem: I am not able to run the android part of any project . When I select runconfiguration I am not able to select a project. This is also the case when I create a new MOE module.

Just to make sure I am able to run the android part on a windows machine in a virtual android device?

Ceers
Sven

Dear Sven Alexander,

Android should not be affected by MOE. However AFAIK Android is no longer officially supported with Eclipse.

“Andoid should not be affected by MOE” - meaning it should work ?

I am trying to run the andoid part (see screen shot) from the android leaf of the project tree. but then I get stuck. Could you please provide some input.

Thanks a lot.