Swift package manager with MOE

Some of libraries previously available trough cocoapods are dropping support for pods (e.g. iOS charts is an example).

So, I wonder if it is possible to use swift package manager with MOE?

1 Like

:woozy_face: I’ve not actually use swift package before so I’ll need to take a look.

1 Like

I think at some point far back MOE plugin was generating some xcode project configuration and then that was removed, probably about time cocoapfs support were addedd. @kisg could you comment on that?

I’m curious how much of it related to xcode project structure and how much is specific to MOE and if it would be a good idea to add a wrapper into MOE gradle plugin for something like Tuist? https://github.com/tuist/tuist

I have not yet looked into this issue either. In the beginning MOE generated a much more specific Xcode project, but we changed it, so MOE could work with any Xcode project with minimal changes. This was necessary for Cocoapods support. I am not sure how the Swift Package Manager works, but I am pretty sure it can be made to work together with MOE.

This Tuist project seems to be very interesting, maybe it would make sense to switch to use this project instead of our own Xcode project parser.

JetBrains just introduced new plugin for AppCode which has this feature:

Specify the structure of the iOS part of your KMM project in the same way you specify the Android one. We’ve created a special Gradle DSL for describing iOS projects that does not require having .xcodeproj or .xcworkspace