Troubles following "Getting started" docs

Hi, I heard MOE would work with Kotlin, and I’m interested in both, so I decided to try it. I installed Android Studio 3 Canary 5 to be able to use Kotlin. Then I installed the MOE plugin 1.3.1. Following the instructions at https://doc.multi-os-engine.org/multi-os-engine/3_getting_started/1_hello_world_app/hello_world_app.html (section Multi-OS Engine -> Getting Started -> Creating a Hello World App… -> Creating a Multi-OS Engine App Module) the first thing I notice is the templates are different:

That’s fine. I select the Kotlin one. Step 3 about using Xcode… missing, instead I get a module screen:

Project Name: MyMoe
Package Name: some.thing.moe
Organization Name: OrgName
Organization Identifier org.elhaso

Click next to configure the iOS module… isn’t this about creating the generic app module which should be platform agnostic? This is confusing wording. Anyway, I made the Module Name: engine, but the content root and module file location show a suspicious temp subdirectory which is not… reasurring: /Users/gradha/project/android/MyMoe/temp

After clicking the finish button Android Studio becomes really unresposive, until I get a gradle project sync failed:

/Users/gradha/project/android/MyMoe/engine/build.gradle
Error:(20, 0) For input string: "1-milestone-1"
<a href="openFile:/Users/gradha/project/android/MyMoe/engine/build.gradle">Open File</a>
Error:(20, 0) For input string: "1-milestone-1"
<a href="openFile:/Users/gradha/project/android/MyMoe/engine/build.gradle">Open File</a>

The first error points at engine’s build.gradle file, with the “apply plugin: ‘moe’” line highlighted. Second error line seems to be a dupe.

There’s not much I can do with this since I can’t start at all. I understand MOE might be in a state of flush, as well as Android Studio with regards to Kotlin support. Is there any updated documentation I can follow?

PS. Oh great, new users can’t upload more than one image, as if spamming links to free image hosting sites was really hard for spammers anyway…

Android Studio 3 development builds (and Gradle 4) are not yet supported.

The updated documentation is under review, should be out in the next couple days.