Xcode 8.3: MOE App Crash with current MOE, Xcode and Android Studio

Hello,

I am using the latest development tools: Xcode 8.3 and Android Studio 2.3 (both fully updated) with the recently published MOE plugin 1.3.

The simplest possible MOE (just used the defaults of all wizards and entered the required names/ids) could not launch in the simuilator - it crashes with the following output:

/Users/bernert/Desktop/MyApplication2/gradlew moeLaunch -Pmoe.launcher.options=no-build,no-install-on-target,config:Debug -Pmoe.launcher.simulators=9D328D51-7C7D-4DE2-9734-4D95FDAE5E2A
NDK is missing a “platforms” directory.
If you are using NDK, verify the ndk.dir is set to a valid NDK directory. It is currently set to /Users/bernert/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle.
If you are not using NDK, unset the NDK variable from ANDROID_NDK_HOME or local.properties to remove this warning.

Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.
Using already downloaded SDK: /Users/bernert/.moe/moe-sdk-1.3.2
:ios:moeLaunch2017-03-28 16:02:52.412 simlauncher[3138:117324] ERROR: dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DTDeviceKitBase.framework/DTDeviceKitBase, 10): Library not loaded: @rpath/DVTDeviceFoundation.framework/Versions/A/DVTDeviceFoundation
Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DTDeviceKitBase.framework/DTDeviceKitBase
Reason: image not found
Command failed: [/Users/bernert/.moe/moe-sdk-1.3.2/tools/simlauncher, --udid=9D328D51-7C7D-4DE2-9734-4D95FDAE5E2A, --app-path=/Users/bernert/Desktop/MyApplication2/ios/build/moe/xcodebuild/Debug-iphonesimulator/projectname.app, --launch-arg=-args]

FAILED

BUILD FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:ios:moeLaunch’.

Process exited with non-zero exit value

Thanks in advance for any helpful hint and recommendation.
Best regards,
Ulrich

P.S.: A pure Xcode-Obj-C app runs fine in the simulator.

1 Like

I had this problem also. I came back to xcode 8.2 and everything work again.

Thanks for the reports, we are looking at Xcode 8.3 issues and will release a fix as soon as we have one.

We have released Moe 1.3.3 with support for Xcode 8.3.

3 Likes