Accessing UIAppearance for application

Hello,

I want to change the colors of a page indicator for a PageViewController. Usually you do this in the UIApplicationDelegate#applicationDidFinishLaunchingWithOptions method using the UIPageControl#appearance returned object. But when I call for the appearance object, it only returns me a NSObject, which I don’t know how to use.

So my question is: Do I have to do something specific or is this feature just not yet supported?

Found nothing about it in the forum, but if there exists a thread, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mikis Wöhrmann

Hi!

Need cast this object:

UIPageControl appearanceUIPageControl = ObjCRuntime.cast(UIPageControl.appearance(), UIPageControl.class);

Best Regards,
Roland

1 Like

@vighr

Thank you very much! Didn’t knew about the ObjCRuntime#cast method. Is there some kind of documentation about all this? The docs that are up here are outdated and a bit too small, which makes it hard to start using the multi os engine. I am thinking about making my own documentation when I have finished my project in a few weeks to make some kind of “starter guide”.

Anyway, thanks again! Get yourself a nice coffee ^^
Mikis Wöhrmann