The documentation is outdated on some points and I don’t think there are other super clear tutorials out there.
I don’t work for Migeran but I think it works like:
- Your Android Studio on Windows compiles the java code.
- The MOE plugin for Android studio runs a gradle script.
- That gradle script runs the MOE gradle plugin with the remotebuild task.
- The MOE remote build task opens an SSH connection to your mac. This doesn’t need to be on the same network. In my case it is, but I think you can connect to a mac on the other side of the world (it’s just not practial because I sometimes need to run from the mac itself).
- Via the SSH connection your compiled java code is copied to the mac.
- Via the SSH connection the xcode project is compiled (the objective c bindings etc) & signed on the mac.
- Via the SSH connection the compiled appp is copied back to your Windows PC.
- Via some library in iTunes on windows the moe-gradle plugin deploys your app on the iphone connected to your Windows PC.
About the identity, I’m not that good with the terminoligy of these things, but you need to generate an ssh key on the mac (tip, do NOT put a passphrase on it, the moe gradle plugin will give errors) the moe documentation points to:
Add that SSH key to the login keychain (according to your screenshot you’re using the moeremotebuild keychain from the documentation, I personally could not get that to work, see Connection error when setting up remote build [FIXED, never mind]) and then copy the private key file to the windows computer (in your case to the folder C:\Users\mario\.ssh\yourprivatekey and put that path in the identity field in the intellij plugin. And in the Keychain.name field enter “login.keychain”
If you have any problems connecting first just try to connect with an SSH client like putty using the private key you created to make sure the settings on your mac allow remote ssh.
To figure my configuration out it took me a few weeks (spent some hours some evenings) to fork the moe-gradle-plugin and debug to find out how it worked. I also had some tips from the MOE guys on this forum.
Hope this helps.