I’ve tested it. For some reason JSoup doesn’t work on the 2.0.0-aplha-1. On 1.3 it does just wonderful.
The error I am getting from the console is the following:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘int java.io.Reader.read(char)’ on a null object reference
I have no idea why this happens in 2.0. Maybe it’s about the new ClassLoading-Logic or something similar. But it seems like a problem in some internal java classes, but I can’t find the core source of that. I just wanted to let you know so you can keep an eye on that during development.
You can easily try it yourself
- Add the lib to your class path
- Get your certificates working
- Call some kind of parsing e.g.: Jsoup.connect(“https://google.com”).get();
- See multi os engine output
Good Luck finding the cause! I hope it gets fixed soon.
Tested JSOUP Versions:
- 1.10.3 -> Had to fix something about a new resource file, but afterwards the same error appeared.