"One year later" - our experiences with Multi-OS Engine

Hi everyone :smiley:

For the past few months, I was completely consumed by ongoing projects but I’m slowly catching up.
I wrote a little “One year later” article about our experiences with Multi-OS Engine and I would be grateful for your feedback!

https://medium.com/@mateusz_bartos/we-built-our-ios-and-android-apps-in-java-kotlin-one-year-later-b0df37274b75

5 Likes

Good article. Though could use some samples on how you structured ur model, presenters and views and how you used rxjava and unittested all that… and link to the apps you building. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice. My dice game also still works fine (zero warnings when opening the project in XCode, although a few deprecation warnings of certain Objective C bindings in the Java side). Too bad Apple decided to fuck me over and doesn’t allow me to update my app anymore because they consider it gambling. But yeah that’s another story. I guess I’ll change it into a PWA and offer it that way on iOS devices.

The only question I have is wasn’t it a problem that most samples are in Swift nowadays? I have no objective c knowledge so it was sometimes hard to find how to do something when I find a swift sample and then having to try and translate it into objective c and try to achieve the same in Java using MOE.

Very interesting Mateusz, I have the exact same architecture than you. I wish you explain some issues you may have encountered to see if they are common, and how you dealt with them :wink: Anyway, interesting to read your feedback :slight_smile:

Hi,

Any plan for this article?
basic Multi-OS Engine app connected to Firebase

Thanks

I’ve been working on a very poplular app on the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store using Multi-OS-Engine. I might be writing an article very soon and posting it here.

The article of yours is very nicely written, loved to read it! It motivates me thinking of how MOE would be more well known in the future, more people using and recommending it. The past months telling different customers about this solution made them very very curious, because they didn’t know about it despite the fact, that they’ve always searched for a way for writing native apps while not leaving the well built java eco-system.

Currently I’m prepping for a library I’m going to launch on github, which may be used to easily connect android UI and iOS UI with the existing java core module. It will also contain an “Espresso”-like way to implement functional tests on your iOS-module.

Maybe one day, we all can share our tools we’ve been developing quietly for our own projects with each other to build up a big community around MOE. What do you think? :slight_smile:

With best regards,
Chris

3 Likes