[SOLVED] Is there any caveat with replacing libGDX png files?

Is there any caveat with replacing these files?

Default.png
[email protected]
Default@2x~ipad.png
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Default-1024w-1366h@2x~ipad.png
Default~ipad.png

With the originals, my libGDX game takes all available screen space on the simulator, but as soon as modify them, it starts with a black frame around the game as if the screen where smaller. It’s weird as fuck.

I’m keeping the same resolution, since for modifying these files I have opened the originals in The Gimp, make the needed modifications there, and then just overwrite the originals with the new contents but the same size.

Any ideas?

I found out that if I copy and paste from The Gimp into the default editor (Preview), and save the file from there, there are no problems at all, so it’s definitely something related to the format.

Odd enough, I’m saving the files from The Gimp with the same resolution and 24bpp like the originals, and these don’t work well, but the ones saved with Preview are 32bpp UNLIKE the originals, but they do work well… so there must be some sort of parameter there that I’m missing. I’ll do further research.

Got this with ImageMagick’s identify tool about the modified graphics:

[email protected] PNG 640x1136 640x1136+0+0 8-bit sRGB 32210B 0.010u 0:00.009
identify: iCCP: profile ‘ICC PROFILE’: F88AC1E9h: exceeds application limits [email protected]' @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1665. identify: iCCP: CRC error[email protected]’ @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1665.

When you open the image with The Gimp it asks you if you want to keep the color profile or convert it, I said “keep” because somehow it seemed the less changes to the original image, the better compatibility… but it was exactly the other way around. I just open the original image again and say CONVERT to the color profile, and everything has worked as expected.