Home Features Docs Blog Support GitHub

Version 1.4.1 - No value has been specified for property 'bundleIdentifier'

(Alex Itelman - Muvix) #1

Hi, when upgraded gradle plugin from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 I’m getting an error in gradle build (IPA):
No value has been specified for property ‘bundleIdentifier’

Do I need to update something? Are there migration steps?

(Roland Vigh - Migeran) #2

Hi!

Which xcode version are used? Are you opened project in the xcode, Bundle Identifier is empty?

Best Regards,
Roland

(Alex Itelman - Muvix) #3

Xcode 9.1.
In Xcode Bundle Identifier is not empty.

The “PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER” key doesn’t appear in ‘./build/moe/xcodebuild/XcodeBuild-xxx-xxx-xxx.properties’ which is required by here:

Alright it turned out that the bundle identifier is hardcoded inside info.plist instead of PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER in .xcodeproj file.

After adding this value in .xcodeproj file peoperly, it should fix this issue.

(Alex Itelman - Muvix) #6

Unfortunately this is not working for me, it brings back the original problem that I had for which I removed the Bundle Identifier from the xcodeproject and it solved it, has to do with code signing, it was a workaround for a problem when xcode project signing is set to automatic, but in the gradle build script I must specify the provisioning profile manually (otherwise it’s not being signed with the distribution key, so I can’t upload to app store).

The specific error is:

Code Signing Error: [***] has conflicting provisioning settings. [***] is automatically signed, but provisioning profile [***] has been manually specified. Set the provisioning profile value to “Automatic” in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 11.1’

(Alex Itelman - Muvix) #7

Actually this seems to be working fine with this version if I do what you suggested and remove the signing identity in the gradle build script.

Yeah if the Automatic mode works for you, then you should only specify the dev team in your gradle