Is Multi Os Engine alive?

please give something as preview

how long we would wait for new release?,make it fast we are waiting .

:roll_eyes: any updates available?

feeling tired of watching ā€¦:frowning_face:

Any update ?,when we can expect an update ?

1 Like

I looked at the github and the last time anything was updated was April 6th. Almost 3 months ago now. It could be that the devs just havenā€™t pushed their code but Iā€™m not sure. Either way it doesnā€™t look promising.

@kisg is there any way we could get a quick status write-up from somebody on the team? We donā€™t have to have details and exact dates for things, but a simple confirmation that MOE is still alive and well would be great.

You guys have done a great job with MOE and I hope it keeps going strong :smiley:

Any news yet? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any updates :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, please Gergelyā€¦ Can you reassure us that the project is still in development? For the purpose of future development planning, this would be very helpful.

Experiencing pressure to port our project to Cocos2d-x from what weā€™ve already completed in MOE, due to the perception of uncertainty regarding MOEā€™s development. Any news or updates you can provide would be a big help.

Alternative, use Flutter. since it can link Java jar library as well

Hi Mike,

sorry for being silent for so long.

In the past few months our team was working on 2 major projects:

• React Java: here we are ready to publish the early access version, it basically requires the signoff from me. This did not happen until now due to
  • A different project in the AR space. This is not directly related to MOE, although there are synergies in technologies used in both projects. I canā€™t provide more information on this at this time, but I will do as soon as I can.

We have also been doing very interesting technology research into MOEā€™s future. I know this is vague, but it is a complex topic, and I still need to summarize it.

Unfortunately, balancing the above projects proved difficult from a time management perspective, and could not keep in touch with the MOE community the way I wanted.

I will provide updated plans and roadmap for MOE, as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Gergely

How nice if MOE can follow Swift calling method instead of follow Objective-C calling method as most of the examples follow Swift language.

Thanks

anyway, glade to hear the project still alive :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

big thanks

Iā€™m planning on making a new Android + iOS project using Multi OS Engine but I do not see any recent activity. Is this technology still active?

Iā€™m using it in the following environment.

macOS 10.14
Xcode 10.1
moe-gradle 1.4.4
iOS 11 ā€¦ 12.1.1

I think that Multi-OS Engine is alive.
It is because there is a response from the staff.

There are comparison object when using Java or Kotlin.

FYI: I have been looking at SubstrateVM since before they went open source. MOE is designed to be very modular, so it is quite possible to add an alternate VM to it and still be able to use our bindings.

The only issue with SubstrateVM is, that they are executing static initializers at build time, and currently this is where the Nat/J initialization is happening. This needs to be adapted, but should not be too difficult. But it looks like that proper Aarch64 support for SubstrateVM is not there yet.

PS: Sorry for all the delays with our updates. We had a very busy end of year period helping a client get ready for CES and another event next week. You can expect to hear more from us after that.

5 Likes

glad to hear from you guysā€¦ :fu:

The SubstrateVM is open-sourced under GPL so if MOE uses it as a backend would that cause problems for
close-sourced use?